Friday, April 20, 2007

Read a Doctor Who script

The BBC has made a Doctor Who script available online. Nowadays we get everything, DVD features, Doctor Who Confidential, is there no mystery left? It is fascinating to read a script. I loved Adventures in the Screen Trade. Here is the worst scene of the series so far:

MARTHA
...what did you do?

THE DOCTOR
Increased the radiation by 5000%. Killed him dead.

MARTHA
But.. isn't that gonna kill you?

THE DOCTOR
Naah, it's only Rontgen radiation, we used to play with Rontgen bricks in the nursery. It's safe for you to come out, I've absorbed it all.

Martha steps out, still staring, as the Doctor begins to shake and shudder, a little twitching dance -

...all I need to do is expel it, say, if I concentrate and shift the radiation out of my body and into one spot - say, my left shoe -

And his little dance is focusing on his left foot -

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)
Ooh! Ah! There we go, easy does it! Out, out, out, ooh, that itches, ow, ouch, hold on

And he whips off his shoe (and sock, all in one), shoves it in a yellow-plastic lined waste/sharps bin

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)
Done!

MARTHA
You're completely mad.

THE DOCTOR
You're right, I look daft with one shoe.

And he whips off his right shoe & sock, bins them.

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D)
Barefoot on the Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment