Friday, February 23, 2007

The Police

The first proper rock gig I went to was by the Police on 11 December 1979 at Deeside Leisure Centre. I was surprised that it was a grrrl that asked me if I wanted to go. I wasn’t sure, after all, weren’t they a bit pop? I was glad I went, it was hot and sweaty and loud.

Now the Police are reforming. Here is a fun article describing their rehearsals, and a bitchy but accurate piece about Sting’s foibles. From their one song performance at the Grammy Awards we can see that although Sting looks good it is Stewart Copeland who has signed a pact with the devil.

I don’t think I have ever seen a group that has reformed. I would only be tempted by groups that play medium sized venues, like the Gang Of Four (as recently seen by Ian) or Dinosaur Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment