Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bay to Breakers 2006

This year my time in Bay to Breakers was 1:06:57 and I placed 1474th. This is better than last year (1:22:00, 6150th) but that is partly because last year I had to stop to use a portaloo. I would like to be able to do it under an hour, after all, would you want to live in a city where the Mayor is faster than you?

The only bad thing about trying to run as fast as possible is that I didn't see as many of the costumes this year. I did see the Salmon (who I love). And I did see this porcupine (?)

There seemed to be fewer bands and soundsystems this year. Most of them seem to play classic rock and funk which goes well with running.

Frank Chu was there of course.

As well as someone in costume as Frank Chu:

There are some quite elaborate constructions:

As it is San Francisco there were some political jokes, like this:

and this:

Quite a nice set of pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment