Friday, May 19, 2006

Thierry Henry

Although I don't much like Alan Shearer's personality, I do admit he was a good player. I recently watched a documentary about Euro 96, and in those days he was fast as well as belligerent. Thierry Henry however is someone that has my respect. He is a wonderful player who displays intelligence and emotion. He looks like he could run across puddles without making a splash. I am not ashamed to say that his statements about wanting to stay with Arsenal (hiss) brought a tear to my eye.

"I've never played in Spain and I never will. I've played in France and Italy but this is the best country to play football and this is my last contract. I enjoy playing away or at home, getting stick. It's the passion I like. Here you can do your job in the right way - people here respect the player."
Even Jose Mourinho is pleased

"It is fantastic and I am very happy even though Arsenal will be stronger with him. English football must be very proud to have players like Thierry Henry playing in this country."

No comments:

Post a Comment